duo Pieter de Mast-Sebastiaan van Delft / 30 April
News: In February 2020 we recorded five new compositions at the Powersound studio in Amsterdam. In two of these pieces Modar Salam joined us with subtle percussion.
I know Sebastiaan mainly as a brilliant organist, however in these recordings it turns out he’s also a great pianist.
From 2004 on I have given duo-concerts together with organist/pianist Sebastiaan van Delft. In 2007 the CD “Offshore” was released (on this CD there are also adventurous contributions by Theo Visser & Kris Goessens). Over the years we have built up a large repertoire and we enjoy performing together very much. Listen to more music in this soundcloud playlist.
Some reviews on duo performace & CD https://www.barendrechtklassiek.nl/concerten/terugblik/verrassende-combinatie/ (2015)
- ‘… great CD by great musicians…’ Orgelnieuws, July 2008
- ‘… the sound of this worldly combination is an absolute eye-opener, even for the most persistent organ-hater! …’ Luister April 2008
- ‘… a highly poetic resonance….’ Nederlands Dagblad March 21, 2008
- ‘… The richly coloured sound of the wind instruments produces a solid combination of composition and improvisation…’ Trouw March 1, 2008
- ‘… This CD will really make jazz and classical music lovers prick up their ears. Parool February 26, 2008
- ‘… a beautiful new CD, Offshore, in which he combines classical music with jazz, and his flute and soprano sax with the organ…..’ Volkskrant February 14, 2008